JKD

An open forum for everyone to discuss any and all types of martial arts.

JKD

Postby Guss » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:59 am

Well, Im learning JKD. I'm getting good but I don't know how it is in a real position (In a fight). I was wondering how can I practice to learn what to do in a real fight without getting in one.

How can I increase me speed with my kicks and punches.

Can you give me a real real good site where I can buy Martial Arts Equipment and Videos,Gear Ect.

Is Wing Chun useless in a real fight? Is it a good style to learn?
Guss

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:14 pm

Blargh, for some reason I can't log in... ArteXerxes here.

>>> Well, Im learning JKD. I'm getting good but I don't know how it is in a real position (In a fight). <<<

Go get yourself involved in a MMA fight. It'll teach you TONS of things about how fights really work and what is the basis for martial learning.

>>> How can I increase me speed with my kicks and punches. <<<

Do them 100 times a day for 6 months. At the end of that time your kicks and punches will be faster.

>>> Can you give me a real real good site where I can buy Martial Arts Equipment and Videos,Gear Ect. <<<

What are you looking for? For training gear I like www.fairtexgear.com

>>> Is Wing Chun useless in a real fight? Is it a good style to learn? <<<

Style isn't all it's cracked-up to be, it's the way you train that's important.

FWIW, training martial arts is pretty easy - if you want to be better at something, just do it alot. Did I mention that you'll have to do it A WHOLE BUNCH? Well, you will.

A lot of people look for a magic formula (ie What style is best? What tips can you give me to make my techniques work better? etc.), but there isn't any magic in the martial arts just a whole lot of hard work.

Arte

Postby Tye Botting » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:16 pm

What Arte said, Guss.

BTW, Arte, when I changed forum software I wasn't able to transfer accounts, so just register and you should be set. I'll activate you in like .02 zetaseconds. ;-)
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Return to Martial Arts General