Wing Chun - various lineages' differences

For discussions concerning all types of traditional chinese martial arts.

Postby Tye Botting » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:05 pm

From the old forums...

Tye Botting
Administrator

Started at Fri Mar 12 21:16:20 2004
Last Modified at Fri Mar 12 21:17:17 2004 by Tye Botting IP66.157.164.126 I've only been exposed (briefly) to Wang Kiu's wing chun, as well as a rather hard version I leaned in Malaysia. I understand there are some marked differences between the styles, and I'd like to explore them.

From what I could see of Wang Kiu type WC, it was very soft and sensitive feeling, with powerful strikes that weren't strained or forced. Everything was very relaxed. I really enjoyed the mook jong form, though it's gotten (extremely) rusty. Now that I've got my new place in the country almost settled, I've got plans to install my dummy, as well as some plum blossom training poles for stancework and for conditioning.

Ben Garcia

Re: Wing Chun - various lineages' differences
Reply #1 Posted at Fri Mar 19 16:30:06 2004 IP130.160.200.178 http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/i ... ?offset=45

I don't know how to post links so I hope this works. Anyway, there is an article here (part 1 and 2) on the Ving Tsun world conference. It's a long read, but really inciteful for someone who dosen't know squat about wing chun.
Btw, I didn't know until recently that Kung Fu mag posted so many of their articles online! FREEBIES!!
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Return to Traditional Chinese Martial Arts