Hi guys!

For discussions and announcements pertaining to Tye's Kung Fu and associated schools.

Hi guys!

Postby Tye Botting » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 pm

From the old forums...

Rick Joji

Hi guys!
Started at Thu Mar 4 00:15:27 2004 IP24.27.103.79 Just wanted to say hi to everyone. How's life treating you out in Louisiana Tye? I'm now down in Houston, working for a home building company, and I was thinking about getting back into Martial Arts. The only problem is that with where I live, it's a good 45 minute drive (with no traffic) to get to Master Wang's place out on 59. Plus with my job, I tend to work even further away than that. I was wondering if there might be another good style of Kung Fu that would mesh well with what I've already learned that's closer to the 290/beltway 8 area. Thanks for any input you guys might have. Enjoy yourselves in College Station!

Tye Botting
Administrator

Re: Hi guys!
Reply #1 Posted at Thu Mar 4 22:36:18 2004 IP199.184.208.111

On Thu Mar 4 00:15:27 2004, Rick Joji wrote: (read quoted post)Just wanted to say hi to everyone. How's life treating you out in Louisiana Tye? I'm now down in Houston, working for a home building company, and I was thinking about getting back into Martial Arts. The only problem is that with where I live, it's a good 45 minute drive (with no traffic) to get to Master Wang's place out on 59. Plus with my job, I tend to work even further away than that. I was wondering if there might be another good style of Kung Fu that would mesh well with what I've already learned that's closer to the 290/beltway 8 area. Thanks for any input you guys might have. Enjoy yourselves in College Station!

Hi Rick! Glad you made it over here. Louisiana is treating me well, though I could use more sleep. Still, lots of fun and a nice change of pace, coupled with a great house are pretty good perks. As for KF or other good training in the 290/BW-8 area, I'm not sure - there used to be Sifu Willie Dotson teaching somewhere nearer that area. He's a student of our Grandmaster Victor Cheng's that has had his own school for quite some time now. Very good instructor with lots of good, old-school training from GM Cheng. If you can come up with some names aroundt that area, I can do some digging and see what I can come up with.

You coming to the training camp? That'd be a good way to keep up with stuff in the meantime! wink

Ben

Reply #2 Posted at Fri Mar 5 20:35:29 2004 IP130.160.200.115 Hey Rick, isn't there a Shaolin Temple in Houston? How more old school can you get? I think that's a slightly larger commitment than going to Master Wang's, though. Anyway, I always wanted to check that place out but I never got a chance.

Rick Joji

Reply #3 Posted at Thu Mar 11 14:18:30 2004 IP24.27.103.79 I don't know if I'll be able to make the training camp or not yet. My job currently requires me to work some weekends (usually about 2 a month). I get compensated by having days off in the middle of the week. I won't know if I have the weekend of the 23rd to the 25th off until probably right after Easter. I'd love to go and catch up on my training - I've been truly lazy since I got to houston and haven't done anything worthwhile in the Martial Arts department. Nothing like a good 2 and a half day workout to get the blood pumping though! I'll look into getting that weekend off, but I can't make any promises yet.
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Return to Tye's Kung Fu