I'd like

Since eTapout is down for hopefully only a short while, here's a temporary home...

Re: I'd like

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm

4 kids 16, 14, 12 and 10.

Everything else about my life sucks, but hey I've been to the St. Paul Hotel.
I have no idea what anyone is talking about.
Gator
Contributor

Postby TKF_Dan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 am

If you've been here recently, shame on you for not contacting me! We would have fed you for sure. Next time you're in town...

Sorry to hear that things are not going well; will send some prayer your way.

Other than that, spring is here so now it can warm up!!
TKF_Dan
Instructor

Postby Sodom » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Never forget. :P

Next year it will be 10 years since I graced the virtual ring!

Sodom
Contributor

Postby TKF_Dan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:34 am

YES!!!

I really miss those smack-talking days. Hope things are well for you Mike!
TKF_Dan
Instructor

Postby Gator » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:07 pm

A Sodom siting, Holy Smoke.

Dan, I'm scheduled for a June trip, if I have not expired by then (which would arguably be a relief)
Gator
Contributor

Postby TKF_Dan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am

Gator wrote:A Sodom siting, Holy Smoke.

Dan, I'm scheduled for a June trip, if I have not expired by then (which would arguably be a relief)

I'll send you a PM with my contact info!
TKF_Dan
Instructor

Postby Gator » Mon May 16, 2011 4:55 pm

BAMF!
Gator
Contributor

Postby mana » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:04 am

Holy Moly!!!!
Got a text about Kuntao Silat classes on the phone from an old friend and instructor and I remembered etapout and the nostalgic memories of the past. I went to search if it was still in existence and I found Tye's site again! Still alive and kicking! How is everyone?
My son is now 12 and an incredible baseball player.
I hardly watch mma on tv (now its free). Saw my first boxing match on espn in years a few days ago and they had a fighter that was undefeated from Brazil with a huge name and "dos Santos" at the end. Sounded like something someone would make up at etapout.
I feel old now. My body certainly has aches and pains that I didnt have years ago. The Yang still works! I passed 220lbs. I believe I was 180's during the etapout days. Metabolism slows. That aint no joke. Its harder to move. (at least for me)
A long time ago in a movie called "colors" there was the old vet cop that told sean penn this joke: " There was a papa bull and baby bull and the baby bull saw a bunch of cows and turned to its dad and said, " Lets go run down the hill and f*ck one of them cows, and the papa bull said," why dont we walk down and f*ck em all." As you age, that goes through your mind. The ball is a lil out of reach and you want to pounce on it and then you mind just gets lazy and you watch the ball go on by!
I havent spoken with Hinch in many years!
Like Sodom said, "never forget".
I remember.

mana

Postby Gator » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Excellent post and great update. I am still WAAAAY older than you and now more than 50% dead (Likma update).

Minnesota bound first week in November. How about Wild vs. Canucks, Dan??
Gator
Contributor

Postby TKF_Dan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Mana!!!! Glad to hear that you are alive and well. There are a few of us still haunting the boards around here.

Gator, when in Nov? I travel Nov 12-17. In fact, I'll almost be in your neck of the woods (NJ).
TKF_Dan
Instructor

Postby Gator » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm supposed to travel on 10/31.

Too bad your not in NJ through that weekend. There's a massive NAGA grappling tournament then.
Gator
Contributor

Postby Tye Botting » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 am

Wow, I missed this thread. Nice to see folks catching up.

I'm still doing well. Working and traveling lots, still working out and setting the odd records even. Turned 47 last June, but just to make sure I was alive I cranked out two sets of 47 pullups. Check - alive. For now. :-)

Daughter's 17 - she had a fighter on eTap, but now I can't remember the name anymore. She's into fencing now, and looking at colleges and such. Wow.
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Postby Gator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 am

Well I cruised by 50 this summer. I expect to see at least 60. I actually train at the Lion's Den in Connecticut. Aldo was there a couple of months back.

My oldest now wrestles in College. He's pretty good. He's a freshman so it will be a tough season.

My oldest daughter swam in the Junior Olympics this summer. She should easily make the Olympic Trials for the 2016 games.

My youngest son lives with me. He trains at the Lion's Den, mostly BJJ. It's a Lion's Den so they offer every martial art under the sun. Quite an amazing place. Me I just lift the weights, hit the occasional punching bag and use the cardio machine.

My youngest daughter is into violin and has her Jr. Purple Belt in JJ. Though she's in NY with her mother and her mother basically stopped bringing her to the dojo. Nothing I can do about that...
Gator
Contributor

Postby Novagallia » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Wow, good old days! :)
Damn i miss etapout from time to time. eTapout would have been great on iOS.

My oldest son was born during my etapout days and is now almost 11 :)
Novagallia

Postby Tye Botting » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 pm

It's funny, I was just thinking about eTap when you emailed me. Synchronicity.

In other news, lessee, I'm a year older, at 48. My oldest daughter is now in college at DePaul University in Chicago. My other two kids have started training arnis with me in the park. In a couple months I'll be inducted into a couple of martial arts halls of fame/honor without even paying for the nomination. ;-) Still lifting, though records are coming slower, and I have a shoulder tweak (impingement) that won't go away. No longer riding motorcycles back and forth across the US - sold the bike even. Have more than broken even in the bitcoin game. Don't play any online games anymore, save for half-assed updates of a couple of dragon games on Facebook (training and growing gold, no fighting sadly). Selling lots of my old junk on eBay, which has worked out fairly well so far and freed up a lot of space in the house.

Hope everyone else is doing fine, had a great Christmas, and are all set to have a wonderful New Year!

- Tye (the artist formerly known as JWanna Dai or Cat Ass Trophy or Crunchy Frog or a few others I've forgotten)
Tye Botting
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to eTapout Addicts