FMA Email Discussion List

For discussions of Remy Presas' Modern Arnis and other Filipino martial arts.

Postby Tye Botting » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:47 pm

From the old forums...

Tye Botting
Administrator

Started at Thu Mar 11 20:08:19 2004
Last Modified at Fri Mar 12 20:27:06 2004 by Tye Botting IP199.184.208.111 There's a very active and well-populated (good people from all sorts of styles) email discussion list that's been around for quite some time. It's got members from around the world, much like my international kung fu list, and is a great source of FMA discussion, material, and contacts.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, just send an email with the command "subscribe" to eskrima-request@martialartsresource.net and you're off. From here, at least myself, Michael H, and Mike Casto are all members and enjoy the list. Check it out!

Chris Ball

Re: FMA Email Discussion List
Reply #1 Posted at Mon Mar 22 10:57:50 2004 IP69.0.96.38 I enjoy the list too, but have quit reading it over the past 8 months or so just because I don't have the time. When you get three or four a day with 5-10 emails in each it gets to be too much. That's actually one of the reasons I'm happier viewing your Forum. There are less people, less tangents, etc.

Overall, the eskrima digest is good when you have the time. For example, I sat and read 50-100 of them over Christmas to clean up old email folders. I delete a lot of them, but some are real gems with great book or technique references. I've especially enjoyed Crafty's comments and a few others.

Tye Botting
Administrator

Re: FMA Email Discussion List
Reply #2 Posted at Mon Mar 22 17:20:24 2004 IP204.196.55.102 Actually, it's slowed back down to about 1 or 2 digests per day with 4-8 messages in each. And it's staying pretty focussed of late. I've actually been reading it again and would really like to meet some of these guys.
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Return to Modern Arnis