TKF Campout 2005 Discussion

For discussions and announcements pertaining to Tye's Kung Fu and associated schools.

April

Postby Adam Coats » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:04 pm

We have a rank camp at Lansdale's every April. I'm not sure exactly what weekend yet, but I'll look into it.

Adam
Adam Coats

Postby BenGarcia » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:27 pm

Rank camp? What's that? Is it the same as a rank test? Just wondering.
BenGarcia

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:08 pm

Hay I plan to come with my same ones. Also I was talking with a Good friend of mine in Kenpo, 2nd degree,and he is interested. Can he and his son or student come?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:09 pm

The message above replied to soon. Silly message.

Jim Stanton,

Postby Tye Botting » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:40 am

Sure thing Jim! - a friend o' yours would certainly be welcome.
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Rank Camp

Postby Adam Coats » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:10 am

Rank camp is basically an intense testing period for the students. It is held annually and lasts an entire weekend. For some, this is the only time to test for rank.
Adam Coats

Postby Tye Botting » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:31 pm

I haven't tried to reserve a site yet since interest has died down, but to get things going again, I thought I'd share Sifu Leon's article he wrote for Master Wang's student newsletter for the main school (the link to the article is at the bottom of the page - check it out!).

http://www.wangs-martialarts.com/

Or go directly to the link at: http://www.wangs-martialarts.com/tyebot ... etreat.htm

If we're going to get that campsite, I need to know like NOW that there will be enough interest!
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Postby R O Dubl S » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:51 pm

Well I can say I am definitely in, as I am sure Jackie, Marc, and Tom would be as well, after the first camp, the 4 of us definitely wanna take another.
Ross Robinson
Proudest Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o 2007! A Whoop!
R O Dubl S

Postby Roger Leon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:13 pm

Sorry guys. I awful about using this stuff. Anyway, I just sent an e-mail before I saw you have been talking about a camp for 2 months. I have myself and five others who are definately coming when and if we have a Spring retreat, maybe a few more. LET'S DO IT!
Roger
Roger Leon
Instructor

Postby Tye Botting » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 pm

Alright, except it looks like Campsite F (the one we like to use) is not available for booking anymore. The other group sites show up, just not F. :mad:
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Postby Tye Botting » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:57 pm

The other sites aren't big enough or secluded enough, nor do they have enough space to train in, nor the ability to train at night without getting kicked out due to noise...
Tye Botting
Site Admin

Postby BenGarcia » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:36 pm

Well then, it's come to this......surviving only on what gun barrel BBQ you can carry in your superbly conditioned forearms, lurking in the woods in the hopes that you can use your chin na on some unwary Church-group campout participant..... :evil:
BenGarcia

Option

Postby TDR » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 pm

Tye,

There may be another option for the campoout you're trying to put together for the spring. This opiton is something I've also spoken to Master Wang about as far as having campouts. The property is ~15 miles N. of Livingston. I would have to do some work there before a campout but it DOES have adequate space (30 acres), covered areas(barn, etc.), tree lined areas along a creek for that night fighting thing y'all have done. E-mail me and I can give you some more info if you would like.
TDR

let's do this

Postby marchere » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:21 pm

let's do this!
marchere

Previous

Return to Tye's Kung Fu